From 3 to 14 September 2018, the international Joint Tactical Air Controller (JTAC) exercise Ample Strike 2018 (AMSE18) took place in the Czech Republic. Overall 18 Allies and Partners have confirmed participation in this traditional air-land-integration event.
This year should participate about 1300 trainees, 350 of them are Allies and Partners.
Nowadays 18 countries have confirmed their participation: Belgium, Canada, Croatia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, the Netherlands, Poland, Slovenia, the Slovak Republic, Sweden, the United Kingdom and the United States.
Flying assets used for the training include Czech L-159 ALCA, JAS-39 Gripen, Mi-24/35 and Mi-171, German PC-9, Learjet and Tornado jets, Polish Su- 22, Hungarian JAS-39 and Slovenian PC-9 planes ect. The United States Air Force is presently considering participating with strategic B-52 bomber.
Like last year's exercise, Armed Forces of the Czech Republic and the exercise director’s team from the Air Force Command will be in charge for conducting a challenging and realistic exercise. Comprehensive logistic support will be provided by almost all components of the Czech Armed Forces. The main base for AMSE18 will again be 22nd Helicopter Base Sedlec, Vícenice in Namest nad Oslavou where all coordination will reside. Besides providing valued training for international JTAC´s teams, another goal of the exercise is to demonstrate the Czech Republic’s ability to act as host country in support of a large number of Allied and Partner troops. For pilots there will be CAS procedures and also Air to Air Refueling.
Six areas are used over the Czech Republic during AMPLE STRIKE 2018. Military training areas Boletice and Libavá, 22nd Helicopter Base Sedlec, Vícenice u Náměště nad Oslavou, 21st Tactical Air Force Base Čáslav, Pardubice Airport and 15th Engeneer Regiment at Bechyně city.
The main flying assets will be during working days in September 3-14 from 09.00 a.m. to 11.00 p.m.
- LKNA = Letiště Náměšť
- LKCV = Letiště Čáslav
- LKPD = Letiště Pardubice
- JAS39 (1x) ◆ CzechAF ◆ 211tl
- Hawk (2x) ◆ RAF
- L-39ZA (2x) ◆ CzechAF ◆ 21zTl
- L-159 (4x) ◆ CzechAF ◆ 212tl
- Mi-24V (3x) ◆ CzechAF ◆ 221LtBvr
- Mi17lSh (3x) ◆ Czech AF ◆ 22zl
- C-17A (1x) ◆ USAF◆ 62ndAW
- KC-135R (2x) ◆ USAF◆ 155thARW Nebraska ANG
From other location
- AH-64 Apache ◆ USArmy ◆ 12th Combat Aviation Brigate/Ansbach, Germany
- UH-60M Black Hawk (2x) ◆ 12th Combat Aviation Brigate/Ansbach, Germany
Caslav 20 juni 2018, CZ
- L-39 (2x) ◆ LithAF ◆ Naikintuvu Grandis
- F-16C/D (6x) ◆ USAF ◆ 162ndFW Arizona ANG
- PC-9B (2x) ◆ Private
- Jearjet 35A(1x) ◆ Gesellschaft für Flugzieldarstellung (GDF)
- EF2000 (2x) ◆ GAF
- Tornado IDS (2x) ◆ GAF
- JAS39 (2x) ◆ HungaryAF ◆ 1. Vadászrepülö Század
- B-52H (1x) ◆ USAF ◆ 342ndEBS ◆ (+1 spare 93rdBS)