Phases – Exercise Schedule
Exercise is divided into four phases:
- Phase 1: Exercise Preparation, 4-15 March 2019
- Phase 2: Force Deployment: 26-28 March 2019
- Phase 3: Execution Phase: 1-12 April 2019
- Phase 3: Force Redeployment: 12 April 2019
DV DAY: 5 Αpril 2019
SPOTTERS DAY: 4-5 April 2019
HOT WASH UP: 11 April 2019
In order to achieve the objectives of the Exercise, the HAF FWS oversees the missions from scenario planning to debriefing and makes certain that they cover the full spectrum of missions currently performed by the HAF such as:
- Offensive Counter Air Operations (OCA).
- Air Defence Operations (ADO).
- Counter Surface Force Operations (csfo) including Air Power Contribution to Land Ops (Apclo) and Air Power Contribution to Maritime Ops (APCMO).
- RECCE missions
- Combat Search And Rescue missions.
- Time Sensitive Target missions.
- Dynamic Targeting
- High Value Airborne Asset missions.
- Slow Mover
Hellenic Air Force
- F-16C/D - various squadrons
- Mirage 2000BG/EG - 114PM
- F-4E - 338Mira
Israeli Air Force
- F-16D - 109 'The Valley Squadron'
- F-16C - 117 'First Jet Squadron'
Both squadrons are based at Ramat David
Italian Air Force
- Tornado IDS - 6° Stormo 'Alfredo Fusco' from Ghedi
- F-35A - 13° Gruppo/32° Stormo 'Armando Boetto' from Amendola
United Arab Emirates
- Mirage 2000-9 - Fighter Wing based at Abu Dhabi/Al Dhafra
United States Air Force
- F-16C - 480FS/52FW from Spangdahlem AB in Germany
Spottersday 4 April 2019
(with thanks to the Hellenic Air Force and all the individual persons at 117 Combat Wing /Andravida Air Base for their great support)
All photos ©Ton van Schaik